How we look after your data
We always do the right thing, so want to keep your data safe and secure. When using our website and in every communication, this policy will explain how, why, what and where we store and manage your data.
We understand that privacy is important, so we carefully consider how your personal data is used and shared.
- We only use your data to enhance the experience you have with PPF Roofing & Property Maintenance.
- We like to keep things simple, so won’t bombard you or confuse you with information you won’t understand.
- We do the right thing, so we’ll protect your data like it’s our own.
- You decide what you want to hear about – we won’t send you any spam.
Please read this notice carefully and ensure you understand all of it. If you do not accept and agree with the way we process your personal data you must let us know, using the contact details below.
What is personal data?
All data that relates to identifying an individual, directly or indirectly. This includes all data you have given to us or that we have collected up to now.
As a data user, you have rights under GDPR and how we use and process your data. The right to:
- be informed about how we collect and use your personal data
- access the personal data we hold on you
- rectify personal data we hold on you
- be forgotten, you have the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold on you
- restrict how we process your personal data
- obtain a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation
- object to us using your data for a particular purpose
If you would like to contact us regarding how we process your personal data, please contact us using the details below. We will do our best to solve the problem. If we are unable to help, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Why we have your data:
We store your data as you have submitted information via our website, www.ppfroofing.co.uk and at some point, you showed interest in our services.
What data we collect:
We may collect some or all of the following personal and non-personal data:
- if you have entered information via our website; including information submitted via a webform.
- this data includes any personal data that’s been submitted, including; name, address, telephone number, postcode and email address.
- if we gathered your information via another source, for example by phone, email or social media.
More about cookies:
Interest in our services
If you go on to accept our services, we will store your data for 6 months as this allows us to contact you regarding any service information and means your details are on file if you have any queries.
If you don’t express any interest in our services, we will delete the data you entered three months after it was entered via either the website, phone, email, written letter or any other means.
Once you have submitted the details via our website, email, telephone or social media, we will try to make contact with you. If we can’t contact you first time, we will keep trying by using different means such as calling, emailing and texting. We will try to contact you regularly for up to four weeks after you have submitted your information, until we can get hold of you. This is due to your legitimate interest in getting information about our services. After four weeks, your lead will be extinct and we will no longer contact you.
We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under GDPR at all times. Our use of personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it’s necessary for our performance of a contract with you or because it is in our legitimate interest to offer you services that we reasonably believe you will have an interest in obtaining from us.
We may use your data for the following purposes:
- to make contact with you via phone when showing your interest in our services. This will be via the number you enter on our website, via email, in the reply card from our leaflet etc
- to reply to emails from you
- we only use the data to benefit you. We will not send any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure we fully protect your rights
- you have the right to object to our legitimate interest and request that we delete it at any time
What we do with your data:
All personal data is processed and stored securely for no longer than is necessary.
How we store your data:
We only store your data for as long as we need to and/or as long as you consent for us to do so.
Your data is stored as we offer a service to you, so it’s there just in case we need it to contact you. We only access it when you ask us to.
How we secure your data:
We take steps internally to ensure your data is kept safe and secure:
- all PPF Roofing & Maintenance staff are committed to confidentiality
- for any data that we have for orders made via the phone or direct debit information, we shred periodically to get rid of it
Do we share your data?
We do not and will not share any of your data with third party companies beyond the PPF Roofing & Property Maintenance brand.
In certain circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your Personal Data, for example, where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we are complying with legal requirements, a court order, or a governmental authority.
How can you control your data?
When we collect your Personal Data, you may be given options to restrict our use of your data. In particular, we aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data for marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our emails and at the point of providing your details).
At any time, you can go request we delete or rectify any of your personal information that we hold.
If you unsubscribe from our email communications, we will delete the email address associated with it.
How can you access your data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your Personal Data held by us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and we will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact us for more details at email@example.com, or using the contact details below.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time (for example, if the law changes). Any changes will be immediately posted on our website at www.ppfroofing.co.uk/privacy-policy.